Saturday, October 10, 2009

Countdown!

We are down to under 2 weeks until Jesse gets here!  Yay!  It's been over 2 months right now sense we've seen him, and we all miss him like crazy!  Even though we only get 3 weeks with him until he leaves again I'm planning on enjoying that time as much as I can!  Still not sure how I'll handle it once he leaves here for Korea, but I'm trying my hardest to not think about that right now lol.

It's freezing cold here today...literally lol.  It's 25 right now with a windchill of  14!!  I am NOT used to this kind of weather anymore lol got spoiled living in semi warm places.  Oklahoma it RARELY snowed.  Yeah it got cold, but I think the most snow we ever got there at one time was 3 or 4 inches, and we lived there for 6 years lol.  Here if you get 3 or 4 inches thats considered a "light" snow lol.  Although it doesnt snow that often down here in Pueblo, about as much as it does in MO which is only a couple times a year. 

Going to look at a new van on Monday woohoo.  My dad says it's a steal, so hopefully that will turn out well!  I've been limping along on mine for a while just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesnt die in the middle of the road lol.  That and I ran over a nail at some point last weekend, and of course it's in a spot that cant be repaired...so I was waiting for the 15th to replace it (all of my tires actually...they need it!) so that will save us from shelling out $200 to do that if I get this van.  We werent planning on buying a new car this soon (ok this van isnt new lol but new to us) but when a deal like this falls into your lap it's hard to turn down lol.

The kids are all doing really well...getting excited for Jesse to come out of course!  I went to an IEP meeting for Doug on Tuesday, and was pleasantly surprised at all the good things they had to say about him.  Last year his behavior was horrid at school.  His teachers here though said that he's very well mannered, kind, attentive, and always comes to school ready to work!  Definitely makes me think that his behavior last year was more teacher/school related than him though.  I told them also that he'd been diagnosed with ADHD last year and they were all shocked!  He's been off of his meds for about 6 months now, and is showing no behavioral problems what so ever here.  All in all he just seems happier here than he was in MO, which makes me feel even better about coming here. 

Anyway I hear Logan waking up, guess it's time to get off of here.

No comments: