Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Time to loose some weight!

So I've decided I'm not happy with myself and the way I look anymore. There is no reason for me to be this way, all it will take is a little self motivation! Starting today I will be a better me! I want to be happy again. I want to feel sexy for myself and my husband again. I'm tired of hating having pictures taken because I dont like how I look.

So here are the promises to myself that I'm making right this minute.
  • NO MORE mindless snacking, if I'm going to snack it will be in moderation...not sitting down with a box of triscuits and eating all of them in one sitting!
  • I will eat breakfast every morning...even if it's a piece of toast. There is a reason they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it's time to start listening to that.
  • I will eat slower at meal time with smaller portions! Being a mom, I've gotten into the habit of eating my meals quickly so I could actually finish them before someone needed me for something. I also usually take way more than I need to eat and end up with a stomach ache because not only did I eat too fast, but I ate too much!
  • I will work out at least 3 to 4 times a week, that includes time on the treadmill and lifting some sort of weights. I will also do my palates dvd at least twice a week on top of working out.
  • I will limit myself to no more than 2 cups of coffee a day! I have been known to drink up to a pot a day by myself some days! I will also limit my soda intake to 2 cans of soda a day. Every other drink will either be water, juice or G2.

So those are my promises for right now...I'm sure there will be more later on.

As of today I weigh in at 161! I know to some that isnt a lot. But for a girl who was 115 soaking wet 8 years ago thats a hard pill to swallow. Yes I've had 3 kids, and I wouldnt give them up for anything, but at the same time I also know that I'm holding myself back from feeling good about the way I look. No I do not want to be that skinny again, nor would I ever be able to be that skinny again....I'm not built the same way I was back then. But I would like to loose at least 25 to 30lbs.

My 6 week goal right now is to weigh 152lbs by October 7th. Maybe it will work, maybe it wont. But I do plan on giving it my best shot! Nine pounds seems like so much right now, but I think I can do it! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Aims said...

Woot! You can do it Kristen!!! I can't wait to get to Whiteman so we can work out together! :D