Sunday, November 22, 2009

Success!

So I count today as a success lol.  We cut the tops off of Logans last 2 sippy cups this morning!  Which means no more laying down with milk.  See there are several bad reasons why it's bad for him to take milk to bed
  1. we were going through crazy amounts of milk...especially if he woke up multiple times a night.
  2. I'm hoping the reason he's STILL waking up 4 or 5 times a night is because of the milk
  3. when he would be half asleep he'd dribble milk out of the side of his mouth onto his pillow...thus soaking his head in the process...by the time morning comes you have crusty spoiled milk smelling hair ...thus lots of baths.  Oh and his shirts/blankets would smell like it too.
  4. I would still have to change his diaper in the middle of the night because of the milk intake or else he and his sheets/pillow/blanket would be soaked...which means more laundry.
  5. it's just not good for them...but I fell into the habit.  You'd think I would have learned with Doug and Bekah (they took milk to bed too) but apparently not!
So anyway, we cut the tops off like I said (more for me so I wouldn't give in and give them to him) said bye bye and told him he's a big boy now, and only babies take sippies.  Nap time went pretty smoothly.  I only had to go in there once and remind him that the cups were gone and he's a big boy now.  Bed time...not quite so easy...which I'm sure in part is because he and Doug are sharing a room now.  He did some crying, a lot of talking to Doug when the poor guy was trying to fall asleep, and a little bit of fussing in the end.  Took over an hour for him to quiet down and go to sleep but he did!  yay!  Or at least I'm assuming he's asleep lol I havent heard anything in at least 10 min. 

So anyway.  Off to the gym tomorrow if everyone is healthy!  Logan had a touch of a fever this evening (99) but that could have easily been caused by the kids playing as hard as they were.  I'm hoping thats what it was anyway....I really dont want my poor boy to be sick again :(.  Logan did GREAT again in daycare on Friday, hardly cried when I dropped him off and didnt fuss at all for the workers, which means I got a full hour of kickboxing in for the first time ever lol.  Tomorrow is step, should be interesting sense I've never done it before.

Jesse's only been gone for about a week and a half...and I swear it seems like it's been 3 times that long!  Hopefully once he gets settled in and we can get a routine going with the chatting and stuff, it will go by faster.  We are lucky we got him home for a full 3 years (almost to the day actually lol) so I guess I cant complain too much.  It just doesnt feel right not having him here though.

Anyway I guess it's time for me to go to bed.  I should try to sleep while I can just in case it's a rough night with Logan.  Hopefully it's not, but one thing motherhood has taught me, dont ever count on a full nights sleep! lol

No comments: