Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11....and updates!

Hard to believe it's been 8 years already!  I remember I was 36 weeks pregnant with Doug when this happened.  I got woken up by a phone call from a friend telling me that planes had hit the towers.  I dont think I saw Jess for a few days after that....I honestly cant remember.  One big thing I do remember is that it took HOURS to get on post...and there were lines going around the block for the gas station.   It's a day I'll never forget!

So today is the full 3rd day of not smoking for me woohoo!  Well technically 3 1/2 days lol.  Sense I quit Tuesday afternoon.  I still feel great!  Which is amazing lol.  Maybe thats why it's hard for some people to accept that I've really quit...because I havent been grumpy or anything.  Some people have a habit of asking me shortly after they walk in the door if I'm still a non smoker....or calling the other adult who lives here and asking them if I've smoked yet. :)  Which I wont lie...gets slightly annoying lol.

My hubby finished the same book I read tonight...still waiting to see if it works as well for him as it has for me!  Lets keep our fingers crossed!

The kids are still doing really good here.  Doug and Bekah both seem to love their school a ton, which is just amazing to me!  I still have had no notes or notices about Doug saying he's had bad behavior at all!  I'm finally starting to think that maybe this will be normal for here!  I dunno what it was about the Missouri schools that made his behavior so horrible, but hey I'll take it!

Logan is being a typical 2 year old lol.  His latest thing is clapping at me if I'm not doing what he demands of me.  Like if I ask him to wait a minute, or tell him no he'll start crying and clapping...little butt.  Still no interest in using the potty ugh.  Maybe I need to get him the smaller potty chair and see if that helps.  I'm ready to be done with diapers! LOL

Thats about the jist of it here! I miss my Missouri friends :(  And my former Oklahoma friends (who have scattered across the world now lol).  Amy thanks for feeding my hubby while he's foodless for the next week of clearing housing lol.

4 comments:

Aims said...

Great job, I knew you could do it ~ I would love to know the name of that book for my Brother, he of all people shouldn't smoke b/c he had open heart surgery and has been a smoker for almost 20 years (yikes!)

9/11 is such a horrible memory especially for those of us who are military :( Thank goodness we have such wonderful Husband's who help ensure our freedom!!!! <3

No problem with Jesse, we love his company! Colin gets off the bus everyday and asks when he is coming over, LOL!!!

Miss ya like crazy and oh yeah, Frankie is coming for a visit next month, woot!!!! Wish ya could be here! xox

Kristen said...

If you look down a couple posts, I posted a link to the book there. Or if you look on Amazon they are selling it for about $10...totally worth it in my opinion. I plan on picking up my own copy soon.

Aims said...

Thanks for the link, I sent it to my Brother, fingers crossed!!!!

Kristen said...

Does he wanna quit? Main thing is to keep an open mind while reading the book...otherwise it wont work.