Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Been over a month...again

Ooops....over a month again....my bad lol.

So we are in Colorado now. It's actually not going too bad being here, the kids have adjusted well, and my mom and I havent yelled at each other yet lol. Doesnt mean I'm happy to be here though. I hate being separated form Jesse when I dont *have* to be. Drives me crazy to know that he's still going home to that house every night and we are stuck here. And also knowing that the next time I get to see him is in October, when he comes out here for 3 weeks, then he leaves for Korea....for the "real" separation.

The kids are doing really well here though, they've all adjusted way better than I ever expected them to. I'm sure that having my parents here helps though....they help me give them each the attention that they need right now. Doug and Bekah both are doing GREAT in school! This is there first full week of school so it will be interesting to see how it goes lol. Seeing how well they've adjusted makes me feel better about moving out here early. Doug hasnt had any issues what so ever in school so far. Yeah he got his color changed twice I think last week for talking when he was supposed to be paying attention lol but to me thats "normal" 7 (almost 8) year old behavior. So far no sign of the tantrums he used to throw last year. But I'm not naive enough to think that we are in the clear just yet lol but I'm SO proud of him for how well he's doing! They had testing last week, and no surprise he's a bit behind in reading. But thats ok! He'll get the extra help he needs and be fine.

Bekah is doing great as usual lol. Her teacher was very impressed at how well she reads when she did her testing. She loves her new school and her new friends. It's amazing how well kids adjust to changes like this. I can only hope that when we move AGAIN next year it goes as smoothly.

My mom and I are taking the kids to the fair this weekend and I cant wait! I love taking them to stuff like this and teaching them about all the different things we'll see!

I think I'm also going to start posting pictures of the stuff I crochet here....just to kinda keep track of it all lol. I have way too many projects going on at once right now haha. A blanket for Jesse, a blanket for Doug, a shower puff, a giraffe, and a scarf for Bekah haha. Yeah I need to learn to finish one thing before starting another!

Ok going to end this for now and figure out how to post pictures!

No comments: